Your “Blogroll” is a widget called “Links” that can appear on the right hand column of your IDX Blogger site. These links should be to other sites that your visitors will find useful, such as other websites that you might have, or the website of a colleague, partner lender, or just a fun link. Many agents choose to place links to the public utilities, local school websites, and other local information. Before you add any links, be sure to add the Links widget to your sidebar. Click here to see how to Add and Remove Widgets.
Adding a Link:
Step 1: From the “Write” menu, click “Link”.
Step 2: Enter the name, and web address for the link. You may also add a description that will appear only when a website visitor hovers their mouse over the link without clicking. Click “Save” when you are finished.
Step 3: Check the Links widget on your site (it is labeled “Blogroll”), it should now include your new link.
One of the very cool features of WordPress is it’s link management system. I’m sure you all have many, different sites out there, from facebook profiles, twitter profiles and other farming sites you wish to link to from your IDX Blogger sites. The best way to do this within our system is to create link categories. To create a link category and display it on your site simply:
- Enter the dashboard of your IDX Blogger site
- Navigate to Manage then Link Categories
- Give your Link category a Title and description
- Add your links to the new category
- Save changes then navigate to Design then Widgets
- Find the widget with your link category title and drag it onto your side bar
- Save changes and verify everything looks good via your main page
The next how to will cover GeoCoding (mapping) your blog posts! so stay tuned.